- Men need regular health checks. Medical check-ups help you stay healthy, talk about any concerns and pick up early warning signs of disease or illness.
- Diseases such as cardiovascular (heart) disease, diabetes and some cancers can often be picked up in their early stages, when treatment may minimise or prevent complications and progress.
- When you have a health check, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history, your family’s history of disease and your lifestyle.
- They will also talk to you about your diet, your weight, how much you exercise and whether you smoke or drink.
- If you have high risk factors, it may be more likely that you will develop a particular disease.
- Regular check-ups may help your doctor pick up early warning signs. For example, high blood pressure may be an early warning sign of cardiovascular disease.
Health checks at home:-
Make health checks and staying well part of your regular routine. This will help you stay healthy and pick up potential problems early. Things you can do at home include:-
- skin checks – check your skin regularly for unusual moles or freckles and look for any changes in the colour, size or shape of any spots. See your doctor if you notice anything unusual.
- dental care – you can reduce your risk of tooth decay, gum disease and tooth loss if you clean your teeth regularly and eat a low-sugar diet. Visit the dentist at least once a year for a dental examination and a professional clean.
- testicular self-examination – from puberty onwards, check your testicles regularly for unusual thickenings or lumps. See your doctor if you are concerned.
Health checkup at hospital:-
- BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING
- CHOLESTEROL SCREENING
- DIABETES SCREENING
- Prostate cancer screening for men
- Bowel cancer screening for men
- Eye tests for men
- Bone density checks for men