Having pain in passing urine ? This is a distressful condition and without treatment the pain may keep on increasing. Here are some things you should look out for if you have pain in urine.
Is the pain in the initial part or the later part of urination ?
|Timing of pain||Possible Cause|
|Initial||Infection or stone in the Urine pipe. This could also be an Sexually Transmitted one|
|Terminal||Infection or stone in the Prostate or Bladder|
|Total||Infection or stone in the bladder, Blockage in the passage of urine (also read poor flow)|
|After Voiding||Infection in the prostate or the mouth of the bladder|
Is the pain sharp or dull ?
Sharp pain is usually a sign of stone or acute infection. Dull pain suggests that there could be a mild or long standing infection. Dull pain main also point towards a tumor in the urinary system.
Is there associated bleeding ?
Bleeding is often a sign of stone or more severe infection. If there is only bleeding without pain or with minimal pain then we need to evaluate for tumor as well.
What are the tests needed to diagnose the cause of pain ?
- Urine Routine and Microscopy: This is a basic test that our experts advise. Urine test or urinalysis tells us about the presence of pus cells, the presence of blood and crystals (precursors and markers of stone)
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity: Urine Culture and Sensitivity tests helps to find out the exact bacterial pathogen that is causing an infection.
- Ultrasonography: Ultrasound is an initial screening test to rule out stones, tumors and inflammation
- CT scan: Certain conditions such as tumors and structural defects may need further evaluation with a CT Scan
- Cystoscopy: Cystoscopy is an endoscopy of the urinary tract to visualize the urine passage and urinary bladder from the inside and take a biopsy if needed.
What the treatment options for pain in urine ?
a 99% probability is that you will be fine with culture guided antibiotics and some anti-inflammatory agents. However in some patients where a definite cause can be found, additional treatment is recommended by Urocentre Experts to treat the root cause. This may include a minor procedure to open the blockage or removal of tumors.
Start your treatment with our experts and see the difference
All you need to do is enter your phone number here and we will fix an appointment with our healthcare expert for detailed evaluation and planning treatment.